Saturday 11 September 2010

inspiration

Ok, so here's the inspiration for the wedding - the tea party meets enchanted forest theme. As we're planning to host the reception in the back garden amongst the trees and plants these two ideas work perfectly. I've always wanted a romantic candle lit wedding since I saw Ross getting married in Friends - the English wedding in the ruins of some abbey. I also have always loved the kitschy quaintness of the shabby chic tea party. So, I figured, why not do both, kind of a enchanted wood tea party! 

I'm going to be on a huge mission when I eventually arrive in the States to find every old wooden chair and table at the thrift stores! If any of my US friends have any going spare, I'd be happy to take them off your hands!

I'm also thinking gorgeous flower wreaths wrapped around the trees and lanterns hanging from the trees, kitschy pastel coloured table cloths and if I can find enough of them, lots of pastel coloured tea cups. I like to think that most of the wedding costs will go to charities through all the thrift stores! Which reminds me of the other major theme - to do all of this as cheaply as possible. Most of you know that I can't stand the idea of spending thousands on just one day, and, as someone pointed out to me the other day, less than a day. I'm on a DIY mission to have a beautiful and very cheap wedding! We're not hiring a venue, not having cars, I'm refusing to spend a small fortune on flowers, cakes and crap for the table - I plan to do and make everything myself (or rope one of my friends in to do it for me!) and spend the saved money on something else like a car or part of the mortgage or a new wardrobe!

I realise that it's going to take some organising to get it sorted in around 2 months, but I'm going to darn well try. 

I also realise that I'm saying a lot of I's and me's and not many we's, but that's the way it's going to be and the man indoors is completely compliant! (I love you! xx)

:-)

2 comments:

  1. Of course I'm compliant . . . she (I mean 'we' ;-) ) has a predominant "save money" theme!! And that wasn't even my idea. How cool is that???

    I love you baby - more than the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wedding tea party is quite a new and budgeted idea! Planning to book one of affordable San Francisco wedding venues for the cocktail party of my brother in a couple of months. Will order his favourite drinks. Looking for some reputed Dj and caterers too.

    ReplyDelete